Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

A Car to Remember

I saw this commercial of Toyota on TV. Its about this lady who was starting a pastry business but didn't have a car to deliver the pastries to her customers. Her good friends then surprised her. They gave her a nice car and she was so happy about it. It reminded me of my friend in LA. Ive known her from a website and we became good friends. We always chat online about our life here in USA and anything under the sun. She is a nice friend and good listener too.

One day, I got a call from her. She usually doesn't call me that's why I was wondering whats happening to her. Then she told me that her hubby bought a Honda Civic car for her. She was so happy and wished that she can drive her car all the way to Hawaii but I know its way impossible to do. The car was a used car but still a car is a car for her. I was happy and excited for her too. She was still learning how to drive at that time and didn't have a driver's license yet. Her husband taught her how to drive and eventually she learned how to drive better.

As she was driving going to the park, her car stopped running. She was driving on the left side of the lane when the car stopped. She felt panic because the traffic was building up and she didn't know what to do. She called her husband and her husband called the towing company to tow her car to Los Angeles auto repair shop. Little did she know that her car had a blown head gasket which led to a major damage. She felt so sad and disappointed about it. The cost to fix her car was almost the same price of the car. She didn't have a choice but to just forget fixing her car. Though it was a car that was so precious to her but for her things come and go. If one goes a better one comes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment