Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

For Women Living Alone in Apartments

Guest blog post by Amy Sheehan

With high crime ratesthese days, it is important that all women living alone are taking the necessary steps to make their living space safe. I live in an apartment building that's not in the slums, but it can be a little scary after dark. As a recent college graduate, this is all I can afford. Since I live alone, I can sometimes get scared being home by myself. I decided that I had to do something for my own safety. I first talked to may landlord, and with his approval I had an all home security system installed. My next step was to have locks placed on my windows. After these two things, I would be alarmed if someone trespassed, and I prevented intruders from using my windows as an entrance into my apartment. Lastly, you should ask for the locks to be changed on your doors. Some landlords may be to lazy to do so, and you don't want the people who lived there previously to have an easy entrance into your place. I feel so much more comfortable since I have done these things to my living space.

0 comments:

Post a Comment