Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lantern Floating in Hawaii

Lantern Floating is a biggest event every year on Memorial Day here in Hawaii. It is an Asian spiritual tradition to honor and remember your departed love ones. It also a way to wish for peaceful and harmonious future. Last year, I was able to witnessed the memorable event and dedicated the lantern for my grandfather and my hubby's mother who are now in heaven. It is heartwarming to see candle-lit lanterns with all the wishes and prayers floating out to sea.

Tomorrow at Ala Moana Beach Park, Lantern floating will be held at 6:30pm. I am sad that I wont be able to be there. Hubby will be working and if ever he will ask for a day off I wouldn't want to go still because it will be so traffic and parking will be so hard to find. I'd rather stay home and watch it on TV than go there with our baby.

Here is the video to give you an overview about how the Lantern Floating is done:

0 comments:

Post a Comment