Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

I guess I missed Christmas

Its already February 2010 now but I still cant stop myself from singing Christmas songs. Instead of singing lullaby songs for my baby, I sing Christmas songs. Yeah, we had our Christmas tree and everywhere we go there were Christmas decorations in the streets, houses and buildings. I just looked and told myself that's a nice one wow but I just see them as a decorations. I didn't even feel the spirit of christmas here unlike in the Philippines. I get so excited when "BER" month comes beginning SeptemBER all the way to DecemBER. I together with my family in the Philippines help each other decorating our house with shining shimmering Christmas decorations. I always decorate our Christmas tree though it wasnt an expensive tree but people can recognize its indeed a Christmas tree. I always look forward going to an early morning mass we call it "Misa de Gallo or Simbang Gabi" which starts on December 16 and ends on December 24." Yup, nine days of waking up so early in the morning just to attend the mass and be able to complete it is like amazing. Not all people can do that. Not all people can stay awake hearing the mass. Whenever we are in the church I look at some people falling asleep or even sleeping while waiting for the mass to start. Its funny but true.

I wish I was in the Philippines last December maybe then I wouldn't be still singing Christmas songs now. Though I have my own family here and I had a very wonderful gift from God, my baby. I still wanting to feel Christmas.

What I am thinking, I have Christmas! As I'm typing this blog, it makes me realize that yes i did feel Christmas. Maybe not by attending mass, not having children Christmas party, not hearing children singing Christmas carols, and not being with my family but being with my hubby and having a wonderful baby. The Christmas that I thought I missed was just right here. Right here with me. Loving, caring and giving me so much happiness. Once started with two and then became three. Now I have Christmas with my own little Family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment